[MPlayer-users] Cygwin Issues with --enable-gui

Paul Huwe reicow at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 25 11:52:02 CEST 2010

Hello,

I downloaded mplayer and tried to install it on my cygwin system. When configured with just a --cc="gcc" switch, it compiles fine and I have a working mplayer. When I add --enable-gui, it configs fine and makes fine until linking, when I get:

gui/win32/interface.o: In function `guiInit':
/usr/local/src/mplayer-checkout-2010-05-27/gui/win32/interface.c:495: undefined reference to `__beginthreadex'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [mplayer.exe] Error 1

If I go to gui/win32/interface.c:495, and naively replace the line

hThread = _beginthreadex(NULL, 0, GuiThread, NULL, 0, &threadId);

with

hThread = CreateThread(NULL, 0, GuiThread, NULL, 0, &threadId);

Everything makes fine and what not. After creating a link:

ln -s mplayer.exe gmplayer.exe

and running gmplayer, I get a program that launches with the Blue gui (which I downloaded). When I try to open anything (DVD, mp3) however, I get an "Abort." and the program closes. mplayer will still open dvds & mp3s
just fine. (NOTE: even if I config with --enable-debug, I still just get "Abort.")

Anyone have a clue as to why gmplayer is dying?

Thanks,
Paul