[MPlayer-users] Horizontal lines with HD .mkv files

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue Jun 29 18:11:17 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 03:44:03PM +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Bev <bashley101 <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Research reveals that mplayer calls the buffer 'cache' and when I increased
> > the cache size it eliminated the video problem.
>
> Then your problem probably wasn't tearing...

That's not sure at all, tiny timing variations can make it much more or less
visible, however it is highly unlikely that such a change will in any
way be reliable.
Also the vsyn problem definitely will stil exist, if it has to be console,
only mga and vidix can avoid it AFAIK, and both require "ancient" hardware,
no graphics card designed within the last years has dedicate overlay hardware
anymore...