[MPlayer-users] Linux Video Wall

Manuel Barros Reyes manuca at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 22:43:28 CET 2010

Hi, I'm trying to setup a video wall with 4 monitors. The video has a wide
format 2560x380 and we need to have interactivity between the screens (we
have an animation passing from one monitor to the other one).

My setup is based on two nvidia 8500gt cards with two outputs each. I've
configured xinerama on 4 different displays as well as two twinviews merged
by xinerama but haven't succesfully achieved what I want that is fullscreen
on all displays.

I understand that the '-xineramascreen -2' option is currently broken. Can
you suggest a workarround? Is it possible to syncronize in some way 4
players one on each screen working on fullscreen mode or is this some crazy
idea?  Or to split the video into 4 windows that can be automatically
maximized individually? Is trying something related to Xdmx possible
combined with mplayer?

Any new idea is welocomed!
thanks in advance
m.

ps:With the Xine player we get somewhere near with an option called
fullscreen xinerama (-F) but we want to use mplayer.