[MPlayer-users] Linux Video Wall

Manuel Barros Reyes manuca at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 21:50:12 CET 2010

> From: "Oliver Seitz" <info at vtnd.de>
>> Or to split the video into 4 windows that can be automatically
>> maximized individually?
>
> I've done that. It's a bit of work, though. My approach would have been to
> split the Video in parts, and to have one computer for each screen. One
> computer broadcasts its current position in the video, all others
> syncronize to that pace. (you can use several player programs on one
> computer just in the same way, of course)
>
> I've managed to have the players stay in sync with less than +/- 0.1 sec.,
> and to catch up when far away in position within less than 30 sec.
>
> Unfortunately the program is in quite unreadable pascal, I presume it
> would not be of any help to you, but at least I can tell you it can be
> done.

I though of it but I don't have idea of how to make two players
interact, is there an API or some RPC mechanism, etc. to make this
straight forward? Which was your approach in pascal?

With respect to having individual windows I read something about using
Devils Pie to manage and position them individually + automatically,
don't know to what extent this is viable especially in this case cause
videos are fullscreen (are there any windows in this case?)

I'll be looking at Jason Holt's patch for UDP sync and all the info
you people sent, got some homework to do.

Thanks!