[MPlayer-users] The newest version of MPlayer/MEncoder (2nd-Feb-2010) crashes under Vista

qewqe qweqwe qjzqqjzq3 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 11 17:18:44 CET 2010

Please, help me to fix it.
I have this specific crash since I've installed the newest stable version of MPlayer/MEncoder (Sherpya's build 2nd-Feb-2010);
it appears if I want to transcode a movie (doesn't matter which format).
My OS is Vista; everything except that is fine, because
I'm cleaning my registry very often, and maintain my system properly.

Exception Code:    c0000005

That means I have a "Buffer Overrun" crash (checked in Google)

Yes, I can continue converting my videos using an old December 2008 version, which works fine,
but I'm the one of those guys who wants to have "the latest and greatest" :P
and also the fact that the newer version has a bug which wasn't before
is very disappointing =(

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:    mencoder.exe
  Application Version:    0.0.9.0
  Application Timestamp:    4b8c7882
  Fault Module Name:    StackHash_cfa0
  Fault Module Version:     0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:    00000000
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    00000000
  OS Version:    6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.2
  Locale ID:    1049
  Additional Information 1:    cfa0
  Additional Information 2:    b62235a61cd8f9a986ed846d571efccb
  Additional Information 3:    7542
  Additional Information 4:    4f4a6608b44681e009c2a0e754b19432

P.S. I can't find the solution in Google
(was Googling for the whole day)