[MPlayer-users] Mencoder problem with encoding raw h264

AlannY m at alanny.ru
Sat Mar 13 11:25:28 CET 2010

Hi there. I have a BluRay source h264 stream in raw. I want to encode it
in h264 with lower bitrate, so it possible to share it over network.

I have just .264 file. Mplayer guesses it's FPS as 29.970 (30000/1001)

    H264-ES file format detected.
    FPS seems to be: 29.970030

I'm passing this FPS value as mencoder option: -fps 30000/1001 and I
want my output file in FPS 24000/1001, so, I'm passing also: -ofps
24000/1001.

On encoding, mencoder outputs lots of messages: "1 duplicate frame(s)
detected". In any other circumstances, I'm just ignoring this message.
But not now.

The length of this movie .264 is 26 minutes. I've encoded raw sound in
ogg and mplayer tells me, that this ogg file is 26 minutes long. But
after encoding video, I have 32 minutes of video.

There are the problem, video has much longer duration, as you may see,
audio/video resynchronization. How to solve it? I've done a lot of
videos in that raw format, but only with this one I have problem.

P.S. I've also tried to encode with -fps 24000/1001, but have the same
effect.