[MPlayer-users] some question about libmpdemux

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 12:23:49 CET 2010

On 26.03.2010 10:20, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

>> My goal is to get the info of all the a/v streams,
>> such as how many audio/video streams in the file,
>> and fps, sample rate, codec... of each stream.
>
> Did you try ffprobe? Or mplayer -identify?

Nothing can bet MediaInfo in that mater - http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net

There is a GUI version and a shell version.

Example output from shell:

General
Complete name                   	:  Kagayaku Onna - Ueno Juri.divx
Format                          	:  DivX
Format/Info                     	:  Hack of AVI
File size                       	:  1.11 GiB
Duration                        	:  1h 49mn
Overall bit rate                	:  1 440 Kbps

Video
ID
Format                          	:  MPEG-4 Visual
Format settings, BVOP           	:  Yes
Format settings, QPel           	:  No
Format settings, GMC            	:  No warppoints
Format settings, Matrix         	:  Default (H.263)
Muxing mode                     	:  Packed bitstream
Codec ID                        	:  DX50
Codec ID/Hint                   	:  DivX 5
Duration                        	:  1h 49mn
Bit rate                        	:  1 301 Kbps
Width                           	:  720 pixels
Height                          	:  400 pixels
Display aspect ratio            	:  16:9
Frame rate                      	:  29.970 fps
Resolution                      	:  8 bits
Colorimetry                     	:  4:2:0
Scan type                       	:  Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)              	:  0.151
Stream size                     	:  1 023 MiB (90%)
Title                           	:  Video
Writing library                 	:  DivX 6.2.5 (UTC 2006-07)

Audio
ID                              	:  1
Format                          	:  MPEG Audio
Format version                  	:  Version 1
Format profile                  	:  Layer 3
Format_Settings_Mode            	:  Dual mono
Codec ID                        	:  55
Codec ID/Hint                   	:  MP3
Duration                        	:  1h 49mn
Bit rate mode                   	:  Constant
Bit rate                        	:  128 Kbps
Channel(s)                      	:  2 channels
Sampling rate                   	:  48.0 KHz
Stream size                     	:  101 MiB (9%)
Alignment                       	:  Split accross interleaves
Interleave, duration            	:  33 ms (1.00 video frame)
Interleave, preload duration    	:  500 ms
Title                           	:  Audio

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski
GetFirefox - http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/