[MPlayer-users] maximum resolution: how to extend ?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat May 8 11:42:33 CEST 2010

On Fri, May 07, 2010 at 12:33:03PM +0200, Giorgio wrote:
> Oh, thanks for the explanation Reimar. Now, if only I could understand
> why those windows won't extend beyond the visible portion of my screen
> it would be perfect :)

If I had to guess: because the programmers of your Window Manager thought
they had to copy Windows, which does not allow windows > screen size by default,
but forgot to realize that they are copying a ugly hack without realizing that
a) due to ALT+drag it is not necessary on Linux
b) Windows provides an "easy" way to disable this misfeature.