[MPlayer-users] Deconstructing how a .swf file gets a video

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Sat May 15 05:38:56 CEST 2010

On Fri, 14 May 2010 11:22:38 -0500
Nathan Thern <nthern at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there some way to determine what PBSPlayer.swf is doing (e.g. what
> streaming address it is accessing so I can dumpstream it with
> mplayer)?

Set your browser to use an HTTP proxy, and set the proxy to debug mode
so it prints out every HTTP request...

It would be very nice if someone stripped-down gnash or swfdec to just
parse out the video URLs, but I haven't seen it yet.  I started
looking at the SWF video playback format docs some time ago, but I'm
certainly not up for that much of a project.

--
Ha. I'm the idiot.