[MPlayer-users] Jerky 1080p h264 playback

Dark Shadow shadowofdarkness at gmail.com
Sun May 16 20:17:37 CEST 2010

On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 12:10 PM, Uoti Urpala <uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi> wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-05-16 at 19:06 +0200, Marcin 'Rambo' Roguski wrote:
>> Mplayer's configure process instructs very well what you need to build
>> it properly. What are there "different tools" except for working compiler
>> and basic X11 headers/libs?
>
> I feel unsure whether you're really saying this seriously. Can someone
> really be that clueless? (Well I'm sure some people can, but whether
> that's more likely than someone being stupid on purpose...)
>
> MPlayer needs quite a few headers that are not "basic". The configure
> output gives little information about which of the things checked for
> are really required or useful at all (some do more harm than good); even
> if you manage to get a binary it can be hard to know whether it's really
> a reasonable configuration or if the resulting player is missing some
> important functionality. If you're missing some dependency there's no
> information how to get it. Even if the dependencies are packaged for
> your distro it's nontrivial to find some of the right packages to
> install based on just configure output.

It would probably help to teach people to use the "sudo apt-get
build-dep mplayer" command that is what I use under Ubuntu. It install
everything I have ever needed for dependencies except for aac stuff
that Ubuntu does not include in the default build due to licensing.

Strange thing is I don't know any gui way to get build-deps.