[MPlayer-users] Jerky 1080p h264 playback

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun May 16 22:44:31 CEST 2010

Muzer <muzerakascooby <at> gmail.com> writes:

> muzer <at> muzer-desktop:~/Huge/video/Avatar-BD$ mplayer title00.mkv
> -channels 6 -vo vdpau -vc ffh264vdpau -lavdopts
> threads=3:skiploopfilter=all:fast

Please remove the non-working part of the command line. I don't assume they
affect your problems but still...
And while you are at it, also remove -channels 6 (minimal command lines for
testing, please).

> [h264_vdpau @ 0x4096c00]non-existing SPS 1 referenced in buffering period

(Assuming you also get those messages with -demuxer lavf)
Does the issue improve with -demuxer lavf -really-quiet or
-demuxer mkv -really-quiet ?

You could test -aid 4 and, most important, does
mplayer title00.mkv -vc ffh264 -aid 4 -lavdopts skiploopfilter=all:fast -vo gl
work? (If your computer is not fast enough, you can add -speed 0.5 just to find
out if your problem is VDPAU-related or not).

Do you also get the output (the many lines of "non-existing SPS 1" with
ffmpeg -i title00.mkv -f crc -vframes 1000 -
?

Carl Eugen