[MPlayer-users] Ubuntu 10:04: mplayer stopped working with RTSP stream

edantes at usa.com edantes at usa.com
Tue May 18 06:54:32 CEST 2010

 Thanks for your reply.  Sorry for the incomplete output.  Still your diagnostic was straight to the core.

It turns out that with my previous setup (Ubuntu 9.10), I was using an mms://  url copied from the Mplayer plugin for Firefox.  After installing the new OS, the url came from the Movie Player plugin which uses rtsp  from  the France2 video service.

Anyway, case solved.  thanks and my apologies for the false report.