[MPlayer-users] movie from single png image

Daniel Dawson ddawson at icehouse.net
Wed May 19 03:48:06 CEST 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 11:16:31PM +0000, Patrick Wambacq wrote:
> with subtitles (.srt format generated from the speech recognition output). With
> QuickTime Pro I managed to produce a video starting from a single .png image
> that is looped as long as necessary to match the length of the audio (thus with
> a static background). Many movie players then are capable to load and show the
[snip]

> But I want to generate this video with mplayer instead of QuickTime Pro because
> this process ideally should run on Linux and not on a Mac and it should be
> possible to easily script it. I've been searching with google to find the

The mf:// scheme accepts a list file. Create a file with the filename of
the image you want for each frame, one per line, then feed it to mf like
so:

mencoder mf://@framelist.txt <options>

(if you named it framelist.txt). In this case, you'd just name the same
file over and over for however many frames you need.