[MPlayer-users] Uoti nonsense, and my parting words

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Fri May 21 12:59:53 CEST 2010

On Friday, 21 May 2010 at 09:39, Oliver Seitz wrote:

> > If Uoti's version ultimately proves better, then users and distro
> > maintainers will eventually start using it.
>
> I think that will take its time... distro maintainers still use 1.0rc2
> version, because it was called something like a release back in 2007... To
> have distro maintainers package a new version, it must be linked on the
> front page under the title "Official release". I really doubt that they
> look for quality instead of titles.

I can't speak for other package maintainers, but as the maintainer
of MPlayer packages for Fedora at RPMFusion I use SVN snapshots
as the base for the packages. I've been following MPlayer development
closely ever since I started packaging it, so I know that current
SVN is usually stable enough to be pushed out to users.

I haven't actually looked at Uoti's fork yet mainly due to lack of time.

Regards,
R.

--
MPlayer http://mplayerhq.hu | RPMFusion http://rpmfusion.org