[MPlayer-users] Uoti nonsense, and my parting words

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at gmail.com
Sat May 22 19:23:31 CEST 2010

On Saturday 22 May 2010, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

>I'd like to encourage everybody to report bugs here, even if they are not
>immediately fixed, things on the mailing lists don't get lost!
>
>Carl Eugen

This then is the unusual list Carl.  On all other lists, except the emc list,
we are generally forced to send our troubles in through bugzilla, which
requires an account, a password one must paint on the wall if its not to be
forgotten, and other stuff that is at best for us, inconvenient.  The net
result of course is that bugs do not get reported in a timely manner, and the
authors are surprised when someone comes in with both barrels blazing,
complaining that they reported a problem at version 3.42, and here it is at
3.57 and its still not fixed.

I personally would love it if a simple fuss, with enough details to allow the
coders to locate it, on this list would actually be pursued.  IMO, it is how
a mailing list should function, and I thank you from the bottom of my
normally lurking heart.

Thanks Carl.

--
Cheers, Gene