[MPlayer-users] Cannot play mkv file, error "MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: decode video"

Kjetil S. Matheussen k.s.matheussen at notam02.no
Wed May 26 12:10:00 CEST 2010

OK OK:

> Hi Carl,
>
> Thank you so much for the find out! It works now! As this might be
> indeed a bug in mplayer, hope the next version can have it fixed.

Sounds like this bug:
http://www.mentby.com/Group/mplayer-users/bug-segmentation-fault-when-playing-mkv-files.html

One work-around is to compile libmpdemux/demux_mkv.c with -O2.
I also inserted some fprintf's various places to locate the bug.
I didn't locate the bug, but inserting those fprintf's also
"fixed" the problem even when compiled with -O3.

So it's been reported twice before. It _could_ be a bug in gcc,
but it might also very well not be a bug in gcc.