[MPlayer-users] Freeze with radio streams

Ilja Sekler ilja_sekler_ at gmx.de
Fri May 28 22:03:26 CEST 2010

On 28.05.2010 20:48, Reimar Döffinger wrote:

> On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 07:59:55PM +0200, Giorgio wrote:
>
>> Reimar, r31250 seems to work fine, but I still get problems with
>> r31251. Try:
>>
>> mplayer http://icecast.as34763.net/vrflac.ogg
>> mplayer http://87.230.55.93:8020
>>
>> The first one hangs, then plays about 5 seconds and then exits. The
>> second one hangs too sometimes.
>
> Hmmm. I fixed a bug with r31254, however strangely I could not
> reproduce the issue...

First of all, thanks a lot for the fix.

I didn't try the second stream, but I can confirm the report by Giorgio
for the first one with revisions prior to r31254. r31255 (I omitted
r31254 in my tests) plays the stream fine, but there are warnings

Cache not filling!

every few seconds. Many other streams I tried don't trigger this warning
and play impeccably.

PS: Sorry for nit-picking, there is a misprint on line 581 in
stream/cache2.c, I get warning

Cache no responding!

(should be "Cache not responding!") when playing pcm stream of Hauppauge
PVR250 from /dev/video24 with -cache option, the command line is

mplayer -af volume=12:1 \
        -cache 2048 \
        -demuxer rawaudio -rawaudio rate=48000:channels=2 /dev/video24

The pcm stream itself is played without issues.

--
Regards

Ilja