[MPlayer-users] ID_LENGTH-Field

Christian Kniep christian.kniep at student.uni-tuebingen.de
Mon Nov 22 22:46:50 CET 2010

Hey Guys,

I am working on some basic analyzation for my study and I am confused of the ID_LENGTH-field.
I am supposed to convert an avi-movie with avi2mpg.exe to mpeg-streams.
THe original video is 8.something seconds long:
ID_FILENAME=Buchstaben.avi
ID_LENGTH=8.55

If I convert it I get the following result:
Filename: KByterate_MotionDetectionMagnitude_FramesRateCode
ID_FILENAME=Buchstaben_10_0_1.m1v
ID_LENGTH=204.83
ID_FILENAME=Buchstaben_150_0_1.m1v
ID_LENGTH=13.74
ID_FILENAME=Buchstaben_3000_0_1.m1v
ID_LENGTH=10.76

THe movies have all the same amount of frame (I spilt it with ffmpeg).
What I don't get is, why the ID_LENGTH differs. If I multiply it with the Bitrate I get the right file-size, but its supposed to be frame per _second_.
So the length should be in seconds. THe movie-length doesn't change.. *scratch*

Could someone tell me, what the ID_LENGTH really is? I am confused.

Thanks in advance
Christian