[MPlayer-users] Mplayer with Stereoscopic using Vdpau

Cristian Sebastian Rocha cristian.rocha at moldeointeractive.com.ar
Fri Nov 26 22:58:42 CET 2010

Hi,

in the link you can download the patch for the release r32648.

http://www.moldeointeractive.com.ar/wiwe/principal/home/productos.php?_cID_=200&setlang=1&__lang__=EN

This patch works in the MPlayer root directory.  Patch it and compile
it in the traditional way:

cd mplayer
patch -p0 < PRODUCTO_ARCHIVO420_fbfd470bdcd1b6dce295852300568a3c.txt
./configure
./make

Some details:

1) This patch can play 3d stereoscopic movies with interleaved left
and right frames.
2) Vdpau doesnt support more than 2048 pixels in width and height for
frame (http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/190.42/README/appendix-h.html).
That's why it cant play traditional movies with left and right
pictures in unique frame (its need 3840pixels).
3) You need a two output Nvidia >9600 videocard. I recommend use HDMI
output to FullHD (1080p) proyectors. We play it with polarized lents
and glasses (http://www.3dstereo.com/viewmaster/glp.html)
4) Configure X11 with Twinview enabled and both monitors/projectors
with same resolution and one in the left of the other.
5) To play the movie you need set it to 48fps if you want to play at 24fps.
6) The command line to play a movie is:
mplayer -fps 48 -fs -ao alsa -vo vdpaustereo -vc
ffh264vdpau,ffmpeg12vdpau,ffvc1vdpau,ffwmv3vdpau movie.avi
7) If you view horizontal tearing while playing, turn off the
compositing window manager, like compiz.
8) Know bug: Black frames could desyncronize audio and video.

Any question?
Cristian.

PD: Sorry for my english...