[MPlayer-users] Pause when last frame reached

Joshua Masters jmasters.home at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 15:41:19 CEST 2010

Hello,

In my application, I receive video data in chunks (fractions of a frame)
which I write to an AVI container file.     I write the AVI header such that
it indicates the total number of frames not the current number of frames in
the file.    Shortly after I start writing video data I tell Mplayer to play
the file.

This usually works - I store video and stay a few frames ahead of MPlayers
playback.   Unfortunately, I occasionally lose a few frames;  When this
happens, Mplayer reaches the last currently written frame in the file and
exits.

Is there a way I can tell Mplayer to pause when it reaches the last frame so
I can resume it after I write a few more valid frames?  Is there a special
streaming mode that will do this?

Thanks,

Josh