[MPlayer-users] Mouse cursor hiding

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Thu Oct 14 11:42:06 CEST 2010

Am 08.10.2010 00:48, schrieb Alexander Roalter:
> I just upgraded my entire system, which is running now opensuse 11.3,
> and also an updated nvidia driver (256.44). When I play a video, the
> mouse cursor doesn't hide anymore, but blinks in roughly 1-second
> intervals.
>
> Going back to the older nvidia driver version didn't help, so I guess
> it's either the newer X-server (1.8 now, previously it was 1.6) or
> something in mplayer that makes the cursor not disappear.
>
> VO is xv.
>
> It's as if mplayer tries to hide the cursor, but X immediately makes it
> appear again. In the xterm the cursor is hidden once I press a key, as
> expected. in gnome-terminal this isn't the case (anymore).
>
> Any Ideas?

Anyone?

A follow up: if I play a video of something less than PAL resolution
(768x576), the mouse cursor doesn't disappear. If I play a video with
pal resolution (or above), the mouse cursor gets hidden at startup, but
once I move it it appears again and doesn't hide itself anymore (but
flickers every second, as if it was trying to).

if I play a video that is smaller than PAL, adding -vf 1024:576 will
upscale it and hide the cursor initially.

--
cheers,
Alex