[MPlayer-users] mencoder h264 encoding and Android telephones

Malte Gell malte.gell at gmx.de
Sat Oct 23 12:01:04 CEST 2010

Hi there!

Does anyone have experience with h264 encoding for an Android handset?

I have a HTC Desire with Android 2.2 and used the following mencoder command
to create an MPEG4 video. But the mobile phone cannot play it. So I wonder
now, what the correct h264 options is to create a MPEG4 video playable on
Android devices.

This is what I used:

mencoder -ovc x264 INPUT.avi  -oac lavc -lavcopts acodec=libfaac:abitrate=128
-srate 48000 -af channels=2 -of lavf -ofps 25 -lavfopts format=mp4 -o
OUTPUT.mp4

But, my Desire could not play it. Thanx for any hints!

Malte