[MPlayer-users] hd video playback problems over wireless network

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue Oct 26 20:43:25 CEST 2010

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 07:05:41AM +0800, h9wzuy45tm at snkmail.com wrote:
> Alternatively, something which pre-fetches from
> file streams to fill the cache buffer might do the trick too.

Yes, and that "something" is called "operating system".
It is between annoying and idiotic to implement this in every
single application, and from my side unless someone knows a
trivial, clean, certainly side-effect-free way at the minimum
would need evidence that more than one operating system has
such issue.
You might be able to try other variants like MacFUSE + smbfs or similar
in case they work better.