[MPlayer-users] Jpegs to h264 in realtime

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Fri Oct 29 16:23:23 CEST 2010

> I have an http server that captures my Mac's screen (via screencapture) to a named pipe that's fed into imagemagick for filtering/resampling/etc and is then...

... saved as a jpeg. I think that is a problem. If you wouldn't convert
it to jpeg, but leave it as raw image (rgb, uyvy or the like) you could
pipe it to mencoder, I think.

I don't know however if mencoder can output streams in a usable way or
if it is the best program for this purpose.

Greets,
Kiste