[MPlayer-users] Unplayable H264 video (Crosspost - ffmpeg-user)

Navjot Kukreja navjotk at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 21:23:46 CEST 2010

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 12:01 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> Navjot Kukreja <navjotk <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I have a video uploaded here:
> > http://belezaindiana.net/external/E-20100925-233415.mp4
>
> How long is this sample supposed to play?

The sample ran for 25:20 here.

>The result
>shows a (white) time-counter on black background.
That's how the sample plays here as well. It is a recording of an
unconnected channel. Only this could be small enough to upload as a sample.
The full video files were huge and I had no way to split them. I tried
decoding the full files using the -f h64 flag that you mentioned and they
looked fine except for some loss in quality.
This solves my immediate purpose. Thank you so much for your help.

> Carl Eugen

Navjot Kukreja
Ph-+91-9703362288