[MPlayer-users] Quicktime codecs version - is there a possibility to change it?

Kacper Moskała darcnet at mandrivalinux.eu
Sun Sep 5 11:22:01 CEST 2010

Hi

To be ohnest I've subscribed to this list to ask you this question.
You see, I've got (AFAIK) the latest w32 codec-pack. In Firefox about:plugins Quicktime codec identifies itself as:

QuickTime Plug-in 7.4.5

    File: mplayerplug-in-qt.so
    Version:
    mplayerplug-in 3.55

And yeah, it truly works fine! Everything runs like charm. Almost everythin - beside trailers on one Polish movie database site: filmweb.pl. Like this one: http://www.filmweb.pl/video/trailer/%232-23075. It says, that to run this trailer Quicktime 7.6.5 is needed. When I check source code of the site I get what I need, which is url to the .mov file. (In this case it's http://moviesmovies.ign.com/movies/video/article/109/1099443/re_afterlife_trl2_061810_qthighwide.mov). And it plays just fine. So the thing I was wondering about is if there's a possibility to somehow change these unfortunate numbers that Quicktime plug-in identifies itself with? Would there be needed developers' attention or could I do it by myself by editing some files, etc.?

Thank you in advance for your attention and help,
Kacper.