[MPlayer-users] Newish Vobsub bug

Rashkae rashkae at tigershaunt.com
Thu Sep 9 21:06:36 CEST 2010

Reimar Döffinger wrote:

> How much is it wrong?
> Note if no size is given, MPlayer usually defaults to assuming PAL
> resolution, could that be the issue?
> I should be using NTSC resolution if the video height is 480 or 240
> though.
> Samples and/or screenshots might help.

Sorry for being a little slow.  I've uploaded a sample to the mplayer
ftp.  Filename: sub_placement_sample.vob

I've also uploaded a screenshot: sub_screenshot.png

Interestingly, when I play that same file with smplayer, the subs are
positioned correctly (albeit, more translucent.).  I've tried copying
the whole command line from the smplayer log (minus the -wid option),
but it didn't change anything.  When I invoke mplayer directly, the subs
are placed too high.