[MPlayer-users] playing a rtsp stream succeeds, -dumpstream results in an empty file

Ilja Sekler ilja_sekler_ at gmx.de
Fri Sep 10 14:35:49 CEST 2010

On 09.09.2010 12:25, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

> Ilja Sekler <ilja_sekler_ <at> gmx.de> writes:
>
>>> You are right, that is the difference (and iirc, FFmpeg does not
>>> support rtsp-over-tcp).
>>
>> Any chance for this feature to be added in near future?
>
> Consider opening a feature request on roundup.ffmpeg.org

On my todo list.

>>> Apart from fixing your network connection
>>
>> "fixed" temporarily by shutting down all servers and setting the
>> computer as exposed host in the router. Unfortunately, ffmpeg (I
>> went back to the build with libfaac) aborts a few seconds later:
>
> True, I guess this happens on the first receiving problem, if you
> use another container (nut), the so-far-recorded file is at least
> playable. You could also try the various patches attached to roundup
> issue 807 and its duplicates.

Thank you, this bug is exactly what prevents FFmpeg from doing its job
here. Unfortunately, the promising patch
<http://roundup.ffmpeg.org/file694/matroskadec_dts_fix_v2.patch>
suffered bitrot. I blindly adjusted the libavformat/utils.c part to
apply cleanly, but to no avail, the resulting ffmpeg build still aborts
dumping with the same error.

Thank you very much for your support and time. I give up here for now,
but will return to the issue later.

--
Regards

Ilja