[MPlayer-users] CoreAVC with mplayer

Ken Bass daytooner at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 19:20:56 CEST 2010

I am trying to get this to work.

I am following the instructions at
http://code.google.com/p/coreavc-for-linux/wiki/MplayerInstallation. So far,
I have installed CoreAVC and dshowserver successfully (via wine).

But when I run SMPlayer and select the coreavc codec,  mplayer crashes with
this log message:
Forced video codec: coreavcwindows
Opening video decoder: [dshow] DirectShow video codecs

MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: init_video_codec
ID_SIGNAL=11
- MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.

The above linked guide says to build mplayer from the latest source and to
add a patch for CoreAVC. But it also says that many current distro packages
are built with this patch (I have the current Fedora 12 RPM). Also, the
mplayer codec status page (http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/codecs-status.html),
says that CoreAVC is supported.

So what do I have to do to get this working? Do I need to build mplayer from
the source? Or am I missing something?

Any and all help greatly appreciated.

TIA

ken