[MPlayer-users] down-mix to stereo

Clément Bœsch ubitux at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 17:17:47 CEST 2010

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 02:30:35PM +0000, Zongyao QU wrote:
> Clément Bœsch <ubitux <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > There is a pending patch I'm actually developing. I need to do
> > finish it but there is pre-working version you can find it:
> > http://lists-archives.org/mplayer-dev-eng/32379-automatic-downmix.html
> >
> > You can follow the thread if you want to know why it's still pending.
>
> Thank you for the info.
> I am interesting in the reason it was not included into the src.
>
> After read the src,
> I found I still do not know the answer,
> does mplayer have its own channel map definition?
> or the channel map is decoder depended?

I may not use the correct vocabulary, but as I understand it, some codecs
"natively" implements the downmix, but not all of them. So my patch
manually adds a downmix audio filter for those who don't have it (for
example Flac).

> furthermore,
> would you please tell me how to calculate the coefficients?

They are totally arbitrary, and still in discussion.

Regards,

--
Clément B.