[MPlayer-users] IP-camera mjpg display command -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sun Sep 26 21:59:54 CEST 2010

    I have been using Firefox and VLC to display video streams from two
    so-called IP cameras. I have been advised that mplayer is a better
    option with this Fedora 13 computer.

    This command, which I found in Google, produces a good picture:
    [bobg at box9 ~]$ mplayer -demuxer lavf
    http://192.168.1.52/mjpg/video.mjpg -user admin -passwd 1234

    But once initiated it takes what seems like too much time to produce
    an image, once the image is there it seems stable, looks as good as
    I can get from these simple cameras.

    Also, while it is displaying the image I see the following message
    running continuously in the command window:

        Cache not filling!7%  2%  0.0% 0 0 0%
        Cache not filling!
        Cache not filling!7%  2%  0.0% 0 0 0%
        Cache not filling!7%  2%  0.0% 0 0 0%
        Cache not filling!7%  2%  0.0% 0 0 2%
        Cache not filling!7%  2%  0.0% 0 0 0%

    Other than that it works well. My question is am I doing things
    right? I have looked at the man page but it is a formidable
    collection of commands and I thought it might be better to ask since
    I'm sure others are already doing the same thing.

    Any information or suggestions appreciated.

    Thanks.

    Bob

    .