[MPlayer-users] the server crashes when runing shell script that starts mplayer

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Wed Apr 6 19:17:21 CEST 2011

On Wed, Apr 06, 2011 at 12:10:51PM +0300, Victor Petrescu wrote:
> ffserver &
> ffmpeg -probesize 164000 -i pipe1.avi -async 1 -r 25
> http://localhost:8090/feed1.ffm &
> ffmpeg -i pipe2.avi -async 1 -r 25 -vcodec flv -f flv somename.flv &
> mplayer -dumpstream rtp://someIp:somePort -dumpfile pipe1.avi &
> mplayer -dumpstream rtp://someIp:somePort -dumpfile pipe2.avi &
> exit 0

Does that script work fine if you run it manually?

> The crontab line is:
>
> 10 * * * * script.sh > /dev/null 1>&2

I don't think the redirections do what you want, you first
set stdout to /dev/null and then you change stdout again to stderr.
You'll also want to either redirect stdin or use -noconsolecontrols
for MPlayer.
And you should probably make sure you don't run the whole thing as root,
that should significantly reduce its ability to break critical things.