[MPlayer-users] Dump sound with mplayer never exit on recent revision

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Wed Apr 6 19:49:25 CEST 2011

On Wed, Apr 06, 2011 at 11:27:02AM -0400, Armelius Cameron wrote:
> I tried running the following, and with recent mplayer, this command never
> exit. In the end, mplayer just sits there but consuming a lot of CPU.
>
> With 1.0RC4, the same command exit cleanly after it's done. Is this a bug ?

Works fine (or at least as intended) for me, however:

> $ /usr/local/mplayer/r33226/bin/mplayer "/scratch/movie.avi" -noconfig all -
> loop 1 -vc null -vo null -nocache -channels 2 -ao pcm:fast:file=test2.wav

If it works (crashes for some formats) use -novideo instead of "-vc null -vo null".
In addition this will also still try to play video with the correct timing.
In rc4 it would just quit when audio is done, but in general that isn't desireable
behaviour.
Using -benchmark should improve that.