[MPlayer-users] MPlayer/Matroska support

Christer Toll christer.toll at bredband.net
Sat Apr 9 23:38:37 CEST 2011

 Hi!

I originally sent this mail to the webmaster, but was redirected here instead.

I recently started muxing MKV-files, and ran into some troubles at first playing them in SMPlayer (even after updating to the most recent version; SMPlayer 0.6.9 and MPlayer SVC r30369). After a mail to the people behind Matroska, I got directed to http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/faq.html#header_removal_compression which states that MPlayer is one (among several) player that does not conform 100% to the MKV specs. I'm curious as to whether or not this is something you plan to address, and if so, if you have a rough idea of how long it will take?

Thanks in advance,
Christer Toll