[MPlayer-users] subtitle disordered when using slave mode

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Apr 24 11:51:38 CEST 2011

On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 08:11:54AM +0000, Zongyao QU wrote:
> how to reproduce the bug?
>
> 1. open a file with internal subtitle, for example, XXX.mkv
>  ./mplayer -slave -quiet -font xxx.ttf  XXX.mkv
>
> 2. set_property sub 0
>
> then you could make sure that 0 means
> the internal sub track.
>
> 3. use sub_load to load another subtitle
> sub_load aaa/bbb/ccc.srt
>
> 4. set_property sub 0
>
> you will see that the ccc.srt will be displayed.
>
> but
>
> set_property sub 1
>
> will make internal sub displayed.
>
> I think the sub track id should be consistent, but it is not
>
> and this seams only happens when
> 1. internal + external sub
> 2. external sub should be loaded in the runtime,
>      rather than by the cmdline

Uh, I don't see how this should be possible to solve, there
is no way to have two subs with id 0, and having the internal
subs first would result in a total mess e.g. with MPEG-TS where
new internal subtitles could be added at any point.
You are aware of the sub_demux, sub_file and sub_vob properties?!