[MPlayer-users] Does mplayer support Type1 fonts in mkv?

Sun Apr 24 14:18:56 CEST 2011

Hi To MPlayer-users mailing list!

 On 2011.04.15 at 06:18:20 +0400, Vladimir Mosgalin wrote next:

> I'm curious if mplayer supports type1 fonts embedded in .mkv and used in
> ssa/ass subtitles.
>
> Because I have .mkv file which contains type1 font attached -
> le______.PFB & le______.pfm, and mplayer prints
>
> [ass] Error opening memory font: le______.pfm
>
> at start of playback. I wonder if something is broken with this mkv file
> or that mplayer doesn't support embedded type1 fonts. Is it supposed to
> work or not?

Uhh, does really no one knows at all if mplayer supports embedded fonts
or not? I could upload an example, but I have no idea if it's broken or
not and if this is meant to work at all!

--

Vladimir