[MPlayer-users] Using mplayer as a MPEG-TS cutter

Ptitboul Ptitboul ptitboul.ptitboul at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 09:27:41 CEST 2011

2011/4/25 Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de>

> Bind a key to
> osd_show_property_text stream_pos

Could you describe precisely how strem_pos is computed?

Because when I display stream_pos after a frame-by-frame stepping, just at
the first frame of a commercial, and I cut the file exactly at that point
(using dd), about half a second of the commercial is still present is the
resulting TS file.
The stream_pos value is a multiple of the packet size (188 bytes) but there
may be some buffering that makes it slightly later than the frame which is
displayed.

Thanks