[MPlayer-users] Dazzle with mplayer

Katelyn Thode kthode at wisc.edu
Fri Apr 29 03:24:03 CEST 2011

Hello -

I am using the Dazzle with mplayer on Ubuntu Maverick 10.10.

I have a camera hooked up to the dazzle through s-video.

The command line I use is:
mplayer -vo x11 tv://

The output says the selected device is the Pinnacle Dazzle DVC 90/100/101/
so I know it recognizes the device.  It sets the current input to 0, which
is composite1, when what I actually want is 1, which is S-Video.

The last message it displays is:
v4l2: ioctl streamon failed: Device or Resource Busy

My goal is to use the camera connected through s-video as a webcam (ie
camera is on, not recording and I can see on the screen what the camera is
pointing at.)

All I am currently getting is a green screen with a fuzzy multicolored line
through the middle.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Katelyn