[MPlayer-users] Cannot play imm4 sample file

Etienne Buira etienne.buira.lists at free.fr
Tue Aug 9 11:47:42 CEST 2011

On Tue, Aug 09, 2011 at 07:37:35PM +1000, andrew wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running the latest MPlayer and cannot play this sample file:
>
> http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/V-codecs/IMM4/200707170736151.avi
>
> despite the presence of the required codec:
>
> root at skamandros/home/andrew# find /usr -iname 'VCMIMM4.dll'
> /usr/lib/codecs/vcmimm4.dll
>
> which I am using from:
>
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/codecs/all-20110131.tar.bz2
>
> Uncut output as follows:
>
> andrew at skamandros~/Desktop$ mplayer -v 200707170736151.avi
> CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU         T5500  @ 1.66GHz (Family: 6, Model: 15, Stepping: 2)

Hi.

T5500 is a 64bits processor, if you want win32 loader to work, you have
to compile and make mplayer run in a 32bits environment (look for "linux
32bits chroot" or alike in your favourite search engine).

If you're yet in a 32 bits environment, ls -l your DLL to see if your
user account haves permissions to load the DLL.