[MPlayer-users] Was mplayer better in 2006 ???

Emmanuel Anne emmanuel.anne at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 14:15:16 CEST 2011

2011/8/9 Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at>

> Emmanuel Anne <emmanuel.anne <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Oh well I found a few web pages telling to upload to
> > ftp://upload.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming
>
> Use http://www.datafilehost.com/
> It is very unlikely that crashes get fixed without samples and without
> backtrace.
>
> Please do not top-post on this list, it is considered rude, Carl Eugen

Oh well, no offense intended, but you know time passes... I preferred  this
kind of post too a few years ago with mutt, now it's easier to "top-post"
with gmail, and it isn't so unreadable in the end after all !

Anyway, here are some links then :
  http://www.datafilehost.com/download-c6b1ff7a.html
That's france2 in hd through the network, h264/faac. No sound with default
settings, sound if using -demuxer lavf but crashes as soon as you try to
seek in the file in this case
http://www.datafilehost.com/download-88c5d6fe.html
that's stream.rtl9 : same thing but non hd. This one plays fine in the 2006
version without any option.
Has bad sound with demuxer lavf, no sound without, and crashes if you seek
in 2011.

And finally :
  http://www.datafilehost.com/download-37aa9482.html
tf1 in hd from the dvb card.
This one doesn't play at all without any option (no sound, no picture).
With demuxer lavf you get a picture, but still no sound.
Totally unplayable with the 2006 version !

I hope it helps... !

my zfs-fuse git repository :
http://rainemu.swishparty.co.uk/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=zfs;a=summary