[MPlayer-users] mplayer full screen not really full screen (FreeBSD 8.2 amd64)

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 11 10:44:30 CEST 2011

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 6:52 PM, Antonio Olivares
<olivares14031 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> [VO_XV] It seems there is no Xvideo support for your video card available.
> [VO_XV] Run 'xvinfo' to verify its Xv support and read

This is what I thought. The nouveau driver isn't supporting Xv
(probably you are missing DRM support in the kernel for it). Things
will be slow and more resource intensive with vo=x11, and you have
issues with scaling (hence no -fs without -zoom).

> "/usr/share/mk/bsd.kmod.mk", line 12: "can't find kernel source tree"
> I don't want to get into problems having to rebuild kernel in FreeBSD,
> have done that in Linux, but don't have the experience and am afraid to screw things up :(

It's not asking you to recompile the kernel, its looking for the
source code for this kernel, so that it can build the nvidia driver
for your current kernel. Getting the nvidia-driver to work is well off
topic for this list, email x11 at freebsd.org.

Cheers

Tom