[MPlayer-users] -vo directx specify monitor

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Fri Aug 19 19:51:52 CEST 2011

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 05:14:01PM -0600, Roger Pack wrote:
> > A couple years ago I was doing a lot of multi screen work and had to use the
> > gl2 driver to fix this problem.  I was able to play back large files, up to
> > 3072 pixels wide on a (fairly fast) machine to get 3 screens of 1024x768.
> >  Not sure what performance will be with larger screen sizes, but the
> > machines were pretty tame by today's standards.
>
> Good to know (though gl/gl2 seem to always use 100% cpu on my box for
> some reason, possibly another bug), at least there's a workaround :)

Both sound like symptoms of the same issue: a really crappy graphics
card.
You might have better luck with -vo direct3d in that case (though
I only experienced this kind of issue with S3 graphics, and honestly
there isn't really anything they are good at).
Oh, and you should also be able to use -vo directx:noaccel