[MPlayer-users] -vo directx specify monitor

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu Aug 25 08:18:55 CEST 2011

On 25 Aug 2011, at 01:21, Roger Pack <rogerdpack2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Strange, with that one -vo gl should really work fine.
>> Since I don't have any such old cards anywhere to test you might try
>> explicitly
>> -vo gl:yuv=1
>> =2 and =0 might be interesting, too.
>
> sweet -vo gl:yuv=0 results in cpu use of only 40% of one core.
> with directx it's 10%, and with direct3d it's 12% but at least it's
> not 100% that "-vo gl" or "-vo gl2" or "-vo gl:yuv={1,2}" give.

How did you check CPU usage?
yuv=0 means the colorspace conversion is done on the CPU instead of GPU.
If you looked at the MPlayer values it's possible it wasn't CPU usage but it was actually waiting for the GPU.
It seems the 6150LE is exceptionally slow (I developed the yuv=1 version on a 51something and it worked fine, but that was a dedicated - though also notebook - GPU).