[MPlayer-users] MPlayer superfluously responds to Ctrl key

Ilja Sekler ilja_sekler_ at gmx.de
Sat Dec 10 17:09:59 CET 2011

On 10.12.2011 14:10, Giorgio Vazzana wrote:

> 2011/12/7 Ilja Sekler <ilja_sekler_ at gmx.de>:
>
>> starting with r34369 [...] MPlayer began to display superfluously
>> "Speed: x 1.00" when switching to another workspace and back with
>> the usual Ctrl+Alt+Left or Ctrl+Alt+Right keyboard shortcut while
>> watching a video. This is very, very annoying, so I have to revert
>> r34389 and r34369 locally for now. A fix which would be greatly
>> appreciated.
                                            ^^^^^
Oops, "which" doesn't belong here at all. I messed up the sentence while
editing, together with the spelling of the subject.

> Yes, I have noticed it too. Apparently it is enough to press Ctrl to
> display the "Speed: x 1.00" message. It's like Ctrl, when pressed
> alone, has the same function of the Backspace key.

Thanks, I saw that Ctrl alone was already causing this, but didn't
realize that MPlayer took Ctrl for Backspace. Anyway, this is fixed now:

LANG=C svn log -v -l 1 input/input.c
r34424 | reimar | 2011-12-10 15:31:28 +0100 (Sat, 10 Dec 2011) | 2 lines
Changed paths:
   M /trunk/input/input.c

By default ignore CTRL key on its own.

Thanks a lot,