[MPlayer-users] RTMP streaming seems to be problematic...

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Dec 11 00:52:56 CET 2011

Sander Plas <sander <at> seeas.nl> writes:

> I managed to get Manuel's mp4 stream to work on the mplayer that is
> shipped with Linux Mint 12 (SVN-r33713-4.6.1), but the first few times
> the delay before it starts playing was literally minutes long. For some
> reason it now works without any delay.

It works without delay now here as well.
(I still don't use librtmp.)

[...]

rtmp://92.123.66.37:1935/live?_fcs_vhost=cp42183.live.edgefcs.net&akmfv=1.7
/Live1 at 1094

Works fine for me with ffplay (this time I mean "fine"), mplayer needs -novideo,
I guess this does count as "problematic".

> If anyone's interested in complete mplayer logs of any of the tests i've
> done, just shout and i'll post them here.

Streams that do not work would help a lot...

Thank you, Carl Eugen