[MPlayer-users] How to fit video, in mplayer, to full screen keeping aspect ratio and adding the black bars - without stretching

film123 at gmail.com film123 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 20:15:28 CET 2011

Thanks, but I want it to run from a Ubuntu bash script without using a
keyboard.

Something like:

DISPLAY=:0 mplayer -fs -slave -quiet -idle -loop 0 -playlist
/home/barry/playlist1.txt -shuffle -input file=/home/barry/pipe &

This works except it stretches the image to fit the screen in both
directions.

Thanks, Barry