[MPlayer-users] too small sound with multichannel media file

Simon Chen deva1984 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 18:50:58 CET 2011

Hey guys, I'm looking for your help. Here goes my trouble.

I use a laptop, debian OS, OSS4 driver, mplayer SVN-r31918.
When I played a mkv file, which's 5.1 surround flac encoded, sounds coundn't
be heard entirely. Some parts were lound and clear. Some were way too weak
that hardly to hear them even turn  volum to max.
The file has tested in another computer in my lab. It worked totally fine.
But this computer's system is windows xp. I've run through oss4
troubleshooting indicated on oss4's wiki website. All device nodes have vmix
well attached. vmix0 is set to multich. And changeing device node didn't
work.

Put the -v output info in the attached txt file.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Zichen Chen