[MPlayer-users] A problem with seek backward/forward for this MKV file

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Feb 27 18:04:55 CET 2011

On 27 Feb 2011, at 16:58, aaa wind <windmail01 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have tried the newest version,yes, the A/V-desync thing got solved.
> but it seems
> that there is another problem that the function of seek
> backward/forward is  abnormal.

I read it, but you are rather very unspecific. I submitted a patch to FFmpeg that fixes the wrong timestamps and if there are no comments I'll apply it soonish (videolan.org repo, anyone using ffmpeg.org is on their own).
It still won't change that most of the time seeking will result in garbled audio, and I am not completely certain that issue is even fixable.