[MPlayer-users] Have A Problem Converting a RM file to WAV

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon Feb 28 22:55:48 CET 2011

On 28 Feb 2011, at 11:02, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
> Mark Phillips <mark <at> phillipsoasis.com> writes:
>
>> I am trying to convert a real player audio file to mp3 for my daughter's
>> school project. From what I have read, I need to use mplayer to convert to
>> .wav and then lame to convert to mp3. I tried the following:
>>
>> mplayer -vo null -vc null -ao pcm:waveheader The_Zero_Hour_08_14_44.rm
>
> It should work fine with -demuxer lavf (your issue is reproducible with
> samples/sp_sample1.rm), but the simpler variant is probably:

Ok, I think that was really confusing. I can't see that this issue has anything to do with -ao pcm, sound also does not play when playing the file normally.
-ac a52 will work if compiled against liba52, otherwise the dnet/sac3/... support needs to be ported to ffac3 (did that already, now it's just a matter of getting the prerequisites into FFmpeg).