[MPlayer-users] Option to disable dvd navigation?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue Jan 4 10:09:44 CET 2011

On 3 jan 2011, at 21:04, Floris Bos <bos at je-eigen-domein.nl> wrote:
> I'm trying to stream DVD video files from a dumb internal webserver, that does
> not understand the file format.
>
> e.g.:  mplayer -noidx  http://192.168.1.2/VTS_0_1.VOB
>

> This seems to work if there's only video in the VOB, but gives issues with DVD
> menus.
> It just sits there displaying the menu, which doesn't actually function, nor
> does it continue to play the next chapter.

If you do not use dvdnav:// there is no menu involved, if it loops that is because there is a looping video in the vob.
Either way the proper solution would be to use dvd-device=http:// but unfortunately that (and in general custom protocols) are not supported by dvdread.
A FUSE tool that allows you mounting the web server files like a normal filesystem would be a workaround.